Are you leaving for the Winter?

Are you leaving for the Winter?

Citizens that are headed out of town for the winter are reminded to let City Hall know so you may apply for a sewer vacancy credit.  Property owners may apply for the credit when the dwelling is vacant for an entirety of two months.  The property owner must complete a “Sewer Vacancy Credit Form” online.

  1.  Sewer Vacancy Credit Form is required to be filled out and returned within 30 days of occupying the unit.  The form is required to be signed by the property owner attesting to the information regarding the dates of vacancy.
  2. Account must be currently of most recent utility bill.
  3. The vacancy credit is $25.00 per month and starts after the resident has vacated the property for two (2) full consecutive months and maximum vacancy credit is six (6) months in a calendar year. 
  4. The vacancy credit will be applied upon return after one to two billing cycles. 
  5. Each request is reviewed and approved by the Utility Billing Clerk.